I am Yuhao KANG(康雨豪), a M.S/Ph.D student in Cartography and GIS at the GeoSpatial Data Science Lab, Department of Geography, University of Wisconsin-Madison, supervised by Prof. Song Gao. I got bachelor's degree from the Department of Geo-Information Science (GIS), School of Resource and Environmental Sciences, Wuhan University. I once be a visiting scholar at the MIT Senseable City Lab in 2019, and Institute of Remote Sensing and GIS, Peking University in 2017, and worked as a data scientist intern at MoBike in 2018. My major research field focus on spatio-temporal data mining, urban computing, geo-AI, and social sensing. In fact, I am interested in technologies that are innovative and life-changing. I have published over 10 peer-reviewed articles in journals and conference proceedings. I am the recipient for several fellowships and awards, including the Top 20 Candidates in "Luojia Top 10 Fengyun Student" at Wuhan University, National Fellowships, Best paper in Robert Raskin Student Competition etc. In addition, I co-founded the Urban Playground Lab at Wuhan University, and a technology company MicroDeepMind.
Google Scholar: Yuhao Kang Profile
LinkedIn: Yuhao Kang Profile
ResearchGate: Yuhao Kang Profile
• 09.2020 – 06.2023 (expected): Ph.D in Geography, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
• 09.2018 – 06.2020 (expected): M.S in Cartography/GIS, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
• 09.2014 - 06.2018: B.S in Geographical Information Science, Wuhan University.
• 05.2019 – 09.2019: Visiting Scholar at the MIT Senseable Lab.
• 05.2018 – 08.2018: Data Scientist Intern at the Department of Big Data, MoBike.
Geographic Information Science (GIScience), Spatio-temporal Data Mining, Urban Computing, Affective Computing, Trajectory Computing, Social Sensing, Geo-AI, VR GIS, AR LBS, Human Mobility, Image Retrieval and Geo-Localization, Hand-gesture based Leap Motion.
• 2019 First Place in the 2019 AAG CyberGIS Robert Raskin Student Best Paper Competition.
• 2019 Student Research Grants Competition (SRGC) Research Travel Award, UW-Madison.
• 2019 Trewartha Graduate Research Award, Department of Geography, UW-Madison.
• 2019 Trewartha Conference Travel Awards, Department of Geography, UW-Madison.
• 2019 Student Travel Award for ICC 2019 Conference.
• 2018 National Science Foundation (NSF) Student Travel Award for ACM SIGSPATIAL Conference.
• 2018 Top 20 Candidate in "Luojia Top 10 Fengyun Student" at Wuhan University.
• 2017 National Fellowships for Outstanding Undergraduates, Ministry of Education of P. R. China.
• 2017 Nomination Award in “Furong Student” Research and Innovation, Wuhan University.
• 2017 Special Award, Huace Cup Geodesy and GIS Innovation Contest.
• 2016 Second-class Undergraduate Fellowship, Wuhan University.
• 2016 Best Design of Web Services, 3rd Cultural Innovation Contest, Hubei Province.
• 2016 First Prize, Group of Web and Mobile Development, 14th SuperMap Cup GIS Contest.
• 2016 Second Prize, Navinfo Cup Mapping Contest.
• 2016 Third Prize, Navinfo Cup Mapping Contest.
• 2016 Annual Hottest Technique Application, Esri Cup Chinese GIS Contest.
2018-2019 Curriculum Committee of the Department of Geography, UW-Madison.
2018-Present Co-founder of MicroDeepMind, a science and technology company.
2017-2018 Co-founder and Director of the Urban Playground Lab, Wuhan University.
2018-Present CPGIS Student Member.
2018-Present ACM Student Member.
2018-Present IEEE Student Member.
2016-2017 Vice-Chairman, Wuhan University Football Association.
2015-2016 Captain, soccer team of School of Resource and Environmental Sciences.