Full CV [PDF]
• 05.2019 – 09.2019: Visiting Scholar at MIT Senseable City Lab.
• 05.2018 – 08.2018: Research Intern at MoBike Research.
• 07.2017 - 08.2017: Visiting Student at Institute of Remote and Sensing and GIS, Peking University.
• 07.2017 - Present: Co-founder of Urban Playground Lab, School of Resource and Environmental Sciences, Wuhan University.
Geographic Information Science (GIScience), Spatio-temporal Data Mining, Urban Computing, Affective Computing, Trajectory Computing, Social Sensing, Geo-AI, VR GIS, AR LBS, Human Mobility, Image Retrieval and Geo-Localization, Hand-gesture based Leap Motion.
• 2019 First Place in the 2019 AAG CyberGIS Robert Raskin Student Best Paper Competition.
• 2019 Student Research Grants Competition (SRGC) Research Travel Award, UW-Madison.
• 2019 Trewartha Graduate Research Award, Department of Geography, UW-Madison.
• 2019 Trewartha Conference Travel Awards, Department of Geography, UW-Madison.
• 2019 Student Travel Award for ICC 2019 Conference.
• 2018 National Science Foundation Student Travel Award for ACM SIGSPATIAL Conference.
• 2018 Top 20 Candidate in "Luojia Top 10 Fengyun Student" of Wuhan University.
• 2017 National Fellowships for Outstanding Undergraduates, Ministry of Education of P. R. China.
• 2017 Nomination Award in “Furong Student” Research and Innovation, Wuhan University.
• 2017 Special Award, Huace Cup Geodesy and GIS Innovation Contest.
• 2016 Second-class Undergraduate Fellowship, Wuhan University.
• 2016 Best Design of Web Services, 3rd Cultural Innovation Contest, Hubei Province.
• 2016 First Prize, Group of Web and Mobile Development, 14th SuperMap Cup GIS Contest.
• 2016 Second Prize, Navinfo Cup Mapping Contest.
• 2016 Third Prize, Navinfo Cup Mapping Contest.
• 2016 Annual Hottest Technique Application, Esri Cup Chinese GIS Contest.
• Human emotions at different places: A ranking of happiest tourist attractions around the world
based on facial expressions and spatial clustering analysis. 2019 Association of American Geographers (AAG) Annual Meeting, Washington D.C, United States, April 2019.
• Utilizing reverse viewshed analysis in image geo-localization. 2nd ACM SIGSPATIAL Workshop
on Recommendations for Location-based Services and Social Networks (LocalRec 2018)., Seattle,
United States, November 2018
• A Geocoding Model for Indoor Navigation based on the QR Code. Zhuang, Y., Y. Kang, L. Huang (2018). UPINLBS 2018.
• Who are happier? Spatiotemporal Analysis of Worldwide Emotion Based on Geo-Crowdsourcing Human Faces. Kang, Y., X. Zeng, Z. Zhang, Y. Wang, J. Wang & T. Fei (2018). UPINLBS 2018.
• A Geocoding Model for Indoor Navigation based on the QR Code. Zhuang, Y., Y. Kang, L. Huang (2018). UPINLBS 2018. Poster.
• Mapping the Sensitivity of the Public Emotion to the Movement of Stock Market Value: A Case Study of Manhattan. Kang, Y., J. Wang, Y. Wang, & T. Fei. 2017. ICDSM 2017. Wuhan, China.
• Mapping the Sensitivity of the Public Emotion to the Movement of Stock Market Value: A Case Study of Manhattan. Kang, Y., J. Wang, Y. Wang, & T. Fei. 2017. At The 8th International Forum of Spatially Integrated Humanities and Social Sciences. Nanjing, China.
• A Ranking of Worldwide Tourist Attractions Based on the Cognitive Recognition of Emotional Facial Expressions. Kang, Y. & T. Fei. 2016. At 2016 Chinese Geography Information Science Theories and Methods Annual Conference. Shenzhen, China
2018-Present Co-founder of MicroDeepMind, a science and technology company.
2017-2018 Co-founder of Urban Playground Lab, Wuhan University.
2018-Present ACM SIGSPATIAL Student Member.
2018-Present IEEE Student Member.
2016-2017 Vice-Chairman, Wuhan University Football Association.
2015-2016 Captain, football team of School of Resource and Environmental Sciences.
2014-2015 Monitor of Class 2, 2014 Geographical Information Science.